Re: [Tigers] 289 heads

To: <achd73@yahoo.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>, <allanballard@att.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] 289 heads
From: "Scott Hutchinson" <shutchin@netjets.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2010 10:48:45 -0400
I had heard somewhere that the 260 combustion camber was actually quite good.

Faced with the same dilemma that you have I went with 289 hipo valves in the
260 head.  Very happy with the result, but you need to be VERY careful about
piston valve interference.

I had to advance my cam four degrees to make it work. This is with a comp
roller cam, so the ramps are pretty steep. The cam itself is not that
aggressive when compare to say a 289 hipo cam, but the roller aspect of it gets
the valves open and closed fairly quickly.

Amen on all the porting and polishing.

Scott Hutchinson
Pilot, NJI, Inc.

Mobile 843.290.2805

Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive for the addressee), you
may not use, copy or disclose to anyone the message or any information
contained in the message. If you have received the message in error,  please
advise the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message.