Re: [Tigers] Rims and Tires

To: Tom Parker <tkparker1941@gmail.com>, LIST TIGER
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Rims and Tires
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 09:29:57 -0500
Many tires, even though they are listed with the same nominal 205mm section
width, vary widely in the shoulder profile.
It's tough to figure out where the shoulders of the tires are going to be
without having an actual tire mounted on a rim of the correct width.

If you're going to a larger diameter and push the section width on the tires
then you'll very likely have to trim or roll the front fender lip and the rear
edge of the front valence.

I'm running 205/45-16 tires on 7" Mustang rims (39 mm offset, IIRC) with a
7/16" spacer and then the 1/4" brake hat. So that effectively takes out about
18mm of the offset. I had to trim the valence to make that work...

The offset specified for the Panasport wheels is a stand-alone measurement -
not added to the OEM value.
Theo

---
use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please
be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or
any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,

Thank you for your cooperation.