Re: [Tigers] Alternator question

To: RSSmithIQ@cs.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Alternator question
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2010 11:48:16 EDT
Randy,
A small one is Denso #210-0107. It's designed for the  Toyota 4 Runner, has
V-belt and is 60 amps.

Mark L

In a message dated 9/5/2010 11:18:52 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
RSSmithIQ@cs.com writes:

I've been researching an alternator upgrade for my car.  I've tried to
read all the archives and articles and I've re-read the article in 3/09
Classic Motorsports Mag.  I really like the idea of using a small,
55amp, 3-wire Denso.  Here's my question.  When I try to source  this
smaller Denso, it appears that I need to get into the early 90's cars
(Geo and Toyota), but these all come with multi-groove pulleys.  If I  go
back into the early 80's, I can get a single "V" groove pulley, but the
alternator has a bit larger case.  I'm certain there is a V-groove
pulley for this smaller style alternator (they also seem to use them on
tractors, etc.), but I'm having trouble tracking it down.  Has anyone
solved this problem?  Anyone have a part number for the small Denso  with
the correct pulley or a source for a V-groove pulley that fits the
alternator?

Thanks- Randy
--

Randy Smith