[Tigers] Coil Spring Spacer

To: "'Beamclub'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Coil Spring Spacer
From: "Joe Brown" <jbbrown1980@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 21:49:53 -0500
Hi,

I'm slowly trying to put together the front suspension on my Tiger and I
have a question about a coil spring spacer.  I took the car apart about 20
years ago and I'm just now trying to put it back together.  I have rubber
spacers that look like they go on the top of the springs (according to the
shop manual) but I also have some aluminum spacers that I believe were on
the bottom of the springs.  I don't see these aluminum pieces in the shop
manual, so I don't know where they came from.  I guess it is possible the
original owner added them but they are shaped to fit the springs.  So I
guess they were specifically made for the Sunbeam coil springs.  Does
anybody know about these things?  Should I put them back in?  Or should I
find another rubber spacer of some kind so that the spring isn't just
digging into the A-arm?

Thanks,

Joe Brown

Arlington, TX