Re: [Tigers] Coil Spring Spacer

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Coil Spring Spacer
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 21:04:15 -0700
Joe,
  The rubber spacers go in the upper cup of the crossmember. The aluminum
spacers were likely made (or bought) to compensate for spring size
irregularities (different size, sag etc.) or other misalignments.  I
actually made spacers out of very hard fabric lined rubber.  In my case it
was to compensate for cutting a tad too much out of CAT front springs.

Dialing in the front suspension is a bit like arranging furniture for your
wife.  The likelihood of getting it right the first time is rather small.
Tom