Re: [Tigers] Overbore run hot?

To: Allan Ballard <allanballard@att.net>, rfraser@bluefrog.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Overbore run hot?
From: <awtiger@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 15:05:34 -0500
Allan:

My experience with my Tiger tells me that, if the cooling system is not in
tip-top condition, there is a likelihood that it will run somewhat warmer than
it should if the motor has been bored out that much.  My car also has a
.030-over 289 in it as well.  There is, of course, much more that can have an
effect on operating temperature, such as the presence of performance-enhancing
bits, but just remember that the cooling system was designed for a
standard-bore engine, and even then it was considered to be on the marginal
side.

When I go through the mechanicals of my car, I plan to stay as close to stock
specs as possible; but, then again, that's the way, uh-huh uh-huh, I like it!!

Andy Walker
Edmond, OK
B382001600LRXFE
TAC #740