Re: [Tigers] Overbore run hot?

To: "'Allan Ballard'" <allanballard@att.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Overbore run hot?
From: "RObin Young" <robin02@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 15:24:11 -0500
---- Allan Ballard <allanballard@att.net> wrote:
> My 5 bolt 289 motor turns out to be bored .030 .
>
> Will this cause a problem with overheating?

Allen, When I got my car ten years ago, the 289  .30 over engine overheated
with the stock cooling system. Since then, I have added many performance
items like stroking to 302, 11-1 pistons, E4-b, and bigger cam.

At the same time, I re-cored the radiator with a three pass core installed
in the original band, added Tim Ronacks air dam, and use an a-symmetric five
blade fan with a 165 degree thermostat.  I live in Florida and find my
operating temps at 170 degrees which means probably either the gauge or
T-stat is off some. Hope this is helpful. Robin Young MK-1