Re: [Tigers] garage floor coatings

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] garage floor coatings
From: TERRY MORRIS <terrytoolman@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 20:03:56 -0700
I worked for a Industrial floor coating company for over 22 years if
you have a moister problem in your concrete and you coat over it the
coating will blister and peel. There are coatings that seal the
concrete like Koaster will prevent this, but you have to shotblast the
floor first.Then you can apply any epoxy or urethane. My garage has
been polished, sealed and stained oil wipes right off and doesn't
stain. If you think you have a moister problem you should do a moister
test.  They have kits that have a 1 x 1 plastic cover that sticks down
to the floor that contains a petri dish that contains calcium chloride
I believe that sucks up the moister in that area for 24hrs then you
weigh it and you use a formula to see how much vapor is being released
per sq ft. you can't coat anything over 3 lbs per sq ft.