Re: [Tigers] garage floor coatings

To: <CoolVT@aol.com>, <chris@cthompson.net>, <fordlandia@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] garage floor coatings
From: "awtiger" <awtiger@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 22:16:37 -0500
Mark:

The prep before applying epoxy paint is the worst part of the job.  You not
only have to clean any residue off the floor caused by oil and the like, but
you also have to acid-etch the surface to provide something for the paint to
actually stick to.  Both of the buildings I have applied that in have had
new slabs, so oil and contaminant removal was not a problem.  However, I had
to acid-etch both floors prior to appication.  If you don't do that, you
greatly decrease your chances of the paint sticking to the floor.

I would highly recommend to anyone putting down an epoxy floor coating to
have at least one buddy there to help you with the process.  Depending upon
how big your shop is, you could be extremely busy doing it all yourself.  I
did mine myself but I worked my butt off doing it and I wished I'd had help.

Take care,
Andy Walker
Edmond, OK
B382001600LRXFE