Re: [Tigers] Rebuilding the SU Fuel Pump

To: "Tod Brown" <todbrown@roadrunner.com>,tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Rebuilding the SU Fuel Pump
From: jay.laifman@gmail.com
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 17:00:50 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=x-rim-org-msg-ref-id:message-id:reply-to:x-priority:references :in-reply-to:sensitivity:importance:subject:to:from:date :content-type:mime-version; bh=aOxAqKqIYSmP/Sz399Dhprj9O8c7EdLaGzJAo358bfU=; b=hpv2e9sWlg/I+biC/8NsnoJ2YAdkmHs6CicwPJlCcMArBLjENUqBi2lrCWSbjVOgj/ vEDLl3xdZ3Xo6AGMAV6Pd8s2TC90GZEzWPCLmzaaKIRyV+Srm13KYsnILBxjE5HBV3ZH EWUmeE4xdfdO+GU/cDax+oeG1vMIMOMgCih+p3TzbFdVd47yvxCsdtyjlMzo4dcRPaOX KWyK3d4WSWjmy9gXTmaWD1WolzVODIHnLhcXlatPQmXq+F13hsYmqw6qSb6lJ2kvA5X0 2utQ2TmzJC313aRAVcqgVhEwdtnIgV2R47l9HEF6MfJTWAlKqdgorWvrHs1EJwS2rggj h/Ow==
Ha!  I think I might have been responsible for starting him on the road away
from VB.  I had no end of issues with carpet, tonneau, and rubber. Most didn't
fit. What fit was poor quality. Then when I ordered a servo from them, it was
the last straw. I bought their "kit" because for the same money as SS I got the
servo and installation mounting kit. Once I got it, I found out the mounting
pieces were garbage and the servo was the wrong pressure ratio (1.9:1, where
Rick sold the 2.3:1 and stock was actually closer to 3:1). But that's another
story.

I'm going to rebuild the SU on the car - and do it with my son. Only fitting.

Thanks for the info.

Jay