Re: [Tigers] Rebuilding the SU Fuel Pump

To: "'Jay Laifman'" <jay.laifman@gmail.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Rebuilding the SU Fuel Pump
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 11:06:34 -0400
Jay
        The Parts List has a nice exploded view of the fuel pump that might
help you.
http://www.tigersunited.com/resources/parts_rs260/Parts_List/3-BF-PetrolFuel
Pump.pdf

I don't see the 2- 1/2" o-rings either but the kit may cover several pump
configurations in this series.

As for the plastic bubble - I just pulled my SU apart and there is no spring
and the bubble was in the up position.
I pressed on the bubble and it went right down - I'm going to guess that
down position is its normal position.

I have not rebuilt an SU pump but the points set up does not seem that
difficult just many steps.  I'm condensing what I see in the Manual.

The main body is in your hand - you screw in the diaphragm while push it
with your thumb until the points just throw over then unscrew the diaphragm
to the nearest hole then unscrew 4 more holes - that sets the diaphragm.

Now set the rest of the point system with feeler gage.

Ron Fraser