Re: [Tigers] Fuel Pump Pressures

To: Jay Laifman <jay.laifman@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Fuel Pump Pressures
From: genepadgett@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 19:43:36 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: tigers@autox.team.net
Hi Jay,

Following your thread here with great interest. Have two old SU's in the "do
not throw away anything" storage area.

Just passing along a comment I once heard about Carter fuel pumps. I do not
have personal experience to validate the point. Supposedly it is very critical
that they be mounted lower than the fuel tanks because they like to push fuel
but do not like to pull it.

BTW, is your pump in the stock location? Most non- SU pumps mount vertically so
in the stock location the Carter will extend down closer to the muffler, making
heat shielding particularly important for reliability and longevity purposes.

Just my 2 cents.

Gene