Re: [Tigers] Fuel Pump Pressures

To: rfraser@bluefrog.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Fuel Pump Pressures
From: genepadgett@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 21:44:38 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: tigers@autox.team.net
Just adding my agreement with Ron on the isolator strip. The one on my car was
actually a formed piece with a grove for the clamp band. Or maybe it just wore
into such a shape over the 25 or so years the pump was in there!

I am remembering a brief moment of panic when I installed a new pump a couple
of years ago. Those sealing washers in the line connection at the inlet and
outlet. They were a thick fiber washer. Unfortunately, I had no idea where to
find replacements, there were none in the pump box (bought from SS).
Fortunately I was able to reuse them with no leaks. I am wondering if those
mystery 1/2 inch "O" rings in the kit are intended as replacements for those
fiber washers? Just a thought...

Gene