Re: [Tigers] Paint - originality question

To: CoolVT@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Paint - originality question
From: Jay Laifman <jay.laifman@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 10:48:18 -0700
Cc: tigers@autox.team.net
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type; bh=widSb6xZ7ST+WX7vN5UxB7Dp+ZWmpzQtcwt4OGRRUyc=; b=d+bwQ7kB+llKYbpmZE3ctKlnrsjZDFAbhFGi2g0D35zqYYB1hB+qZCK1tp6aDL+hyQ 9q5DrObJ8yT1oSbqoMirmiifrvr6I0GU4YzUA8yZMuaS08lWF5Lal850IwXmGf4NEX4m u2wyn4uYGdn7lj5za08SUL5pOhPsTpw7mCVjF6SGAx1i1xzbMztCor/r/ClxsZ0wJA9S W+1iHmj/GBtkP49DKln7VeMae4yR7z9bfRHp+rid66WgD18jozhxNXbQkfYjY32Voogo YcXmXQIw5kHYpMYhNuJHts7C5LX9a6wqKn6rQNY5ptnVzYFZmOWLVnu3U/q7bALmf9yt iIjw==
Here is another thing to think about.  How could it be that the hinges
would end up being painted a different color?  That would mean that the
bonnet and hinges were not on the car when the car was painted.  But, heck,
even the doors were already attached when the car was painted (remember the
older threads about there not being any paint under the door hinges, and
the alignment problems people have had when trying to reassemble the doors
with multiple layers of primer and paint and maybe even clear coat now on
the door and hinge backs?).

I think I have seen pictures of the cars about to be painted, or just
painted, in one of the Sunbeam books.  I'll have to see if I can find those
pictures.  My recollection is that the bonnet, doors and trunk were all
assembled and open for the painting.

Jay