Re: [Tigers] Paint - originality question

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Paint - originality question
From: Allan Ballard <aballard@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 14:36:36 -0400
I've been following the discussion with interest.

As this is all new to me so I don't have much to contribute but will
offer a couple of bits of information.

First, the picture was sent to me in response to my original posting.

It is a picture of black painted hinges on a Mk II Tiger with original
paint under the hood.

Secondly, I stumbled into this discussion while seeking advice on
factory correct engine bay paint at the
Sunbeam Alpine Owners Club America (SAOCA), an organization possessing
strong knowledge of factory
details.

The beginning of that discussion can be found here and it extends over a
few pages:

http://sunbeamalpine.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18047&page=3

Lastly, there are a few issues in addition to the black painted hinges,
including the extent of the area coated with black paint, the shade of
the black paint (presumably satin black) and whether it was applied with
a brush.

Allan Ballard
Mk1a Tiger