Re: [Tigers] Correct battery sizing

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Correct battery sizing
From: "Tiger Man" <Tigerman67@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 17:08:38 -0700 FILETIME=[C6E0C0B0:01CE0BD9]
Thanks for all the responses and the help remembering what real original
battery size was.

So for a summary
courtesy of Ron:
Battery tray - 6 7/8" x 12 3/16"

BCI Group sizes (LxWXH) specs
Original: Group 27: 12 1/16 x 6 13/16 x 8 7/8
Optima recommendation(because they only have a few sizes available): Group 34:
10 13/16 x 6 13/16 x 7 7/8
What was in my car (seems to be what was a popular Ford battery from era):
Group 24: 10 1/4 x 6 13/16 x 8 7/8
Alternate from Tom with his caveats below: Group 65: 12 1/16 x 7 1/2 x 7 9/16

Actual battery sizes I suppose probably vary, I just looked up what the spec
if for each size mentioned.

Thanks
Steve