Re: [Tigers] Tiger engine mounts

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger engine mounts
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 17:28:13 -0800
>>>I wonder what the problem is with the parts currently available?<<<

I honestly think the current rubber (mostly from China) is made from black
soot and Elmer's glue.  The boots on my (new) upper ball joints just rotted
away in less than a year. This was in a closed garage with the car on
jackstands - and this was 10 years ago.  On the other hand I have a
wheelbarrow that has sat outside for 30 years and the rubber tire is still
serviceable.

I replaced the motor mounts on my Studebaker a while back. The metal part
was about half as thick as the original.

Tom