Re: [Tigers] Tiger engine mounts

To: atwittsend@verizon.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger engine mounts
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 21:48:27 -0500 (EST)
Full-name: CoolVT
Try buying tire tubes for bicycles, lawnmowers, etc.  Most of them are
from China and they have to be filled monthly. The rubber, or what passes for
rubber must be very porous. I've given up on smaller wheels and used solid
tires  when I could make them work.
Mark Laf.

In a message dated 2/22/2013 8:28:36 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
atwittsend@verizon.net writes:

>>>I wonder what the problem is with the parts currently  available?<<<

I honestly think the current rubber (mostly from  China) is made from black
soot and Elmer's glue.  The boots on my  (new) upper ball joints just
rotted
away in less than a year. This was in  a closed garage with the car on
jackstands - and this was 10 years  ago.  On the other hand I have a
wheelbarrow that has sat outside for  30 years and the rubber tire is still
serviceable.

I replaced the  motor mounts on my Studebaker a while back. The metal part
was about half  as thick as the original.

Tom