Re: [Tigers] Electrical problem - ignition/ballast resistor?

To: "tigers" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Electrical problem - ignition/ballast resistor?
From: "csx2282" <csx2282@sonic.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 19:37:36 -0700
Gary has a good point.  When I first started driving my car after an engine
rebuild, which included a professional carburetor rebuild, it leaked like
crazy.  It turned out that the bowl mounting screws were too loose.
Tightening them solved the problem.  In Jay's case, with a little detective
work, it should be easy to verify whether or not it's the accelerator pump.

Regarding my accelerator pump leakage problem, it was indeed a bad
diaphragm.  But this was just the final chapter in series of fuel leaks,
most likely caused by the ethanol gas additive here in California.  During
the rebuild I had installed stainless steel braded AN6 Earls fuel lines.
After about five years, these lines began leaking when whatever the inner
material was made of started deteriorating.  I solved that problem by
replacing the lines with stainless steel braded Teflon lines.  At least I
hope I did!

Roland