Re: [Tigers] Holley Rebuild - float bowls

To: Jay Laifman <jay.laifman@gmail.com>, "tigers@autox.team.net Den" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Holley Rebuild - float bowls
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 14:28:46 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Too-high floats are usually more trouble than too-low floats because you can
get unintended flooding during hard cornering or braking. If your needle and
seat size is marginal (or if the fuel pump/fuel line flow capacity is not that
good) then having the floats low can cause starvation on sustained
full-throttle due to insufficient fuel volume in the carb. I'm not familiar
with the float setting procedure on the Holley carbs, but I'm sure there are
specific tweaks that can be done, depending on the float bowl style, to
alleviate the common driving concerns.

On many Weber carbs, you had to be a bit careful because the float high limit
was set by flipping the assembly upside down, and this would sometimes lead
people to adjusting the things in the wrong direction.

Cheers,
Theo

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the sole use of
the intended recipient(s) and contain information that may be confidential
and/or legally privileged. If you have received this email in error, please
notify the sender by reply email and delete the message. Any disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of this communication (including attachments) by
someone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. Thank you.