Re: [Tigers] Tiger MKII Coming out of Storage

To: Carl Halgren <cghalgren@yahoo.com>, Tigers Den <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger MKII Coming out of Storage
From: "Paul R. Breuhan" <prbreuhan@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 10:00:40 -0400
Carl,
Getting it to run can be done...but I wouldn't recommend it.

Years ago my dad put his Corvette into storage. Basically parked it in the
garage and it sat for about 35 years.

10 Years ago as my dad neared retirement, my mom decided she wanted to move
and sell the house, since it was becoming a physical burden to maintain...so
the light went off in his head to get his old car running again.

Like Carl's Tiger he had a laundry list of issues and things to check before
he could get it running with his goal of driving it my parent's new condo.

He spent hour ...after hour ...after hour ...after hour ...after hour ...after
hour (do I have enough hours here????) ...he finally got it to turn over and
run a bit on it's own power. He ended up trailering it to their new place.

2 more years of working  ...after hour ...after hour ...after hour ...after
hour ...after hour...it was finally road worthy. I was amazed and thought he
just might pull this nonsense off.

About 500 miles later...and 2 broken rings...and a camshaft that was wiped
out...my dad pulled the engine.

For all his time and effort...he just should have pulled it in the first
place. He still isn't driving the car a lot...he is just too darn cheap and
stubborn to get the fuel injection unit rebuilt. I told him to go out and get
a cheap carb and intake temporarily.

Carl, good luck with whatever you decide and do.

Paul

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/prbreuhan@hotmail.com