Re: [Tigers] Tiger MKII Coming out of Storage

To: Carl Halgren <cghalgren@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger MKII Coming out of Storage
From: Jay Laifman <jay.laifman@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 16:39:38 -0700
Cc: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
I don't know if this is a sacrilegious thing to suggest.  Given your
history with the car, and its condition, it may also depend on what you
want to do with it now.  Do you want to get back to driving it to reclaim
days gone by, or do you want to first enjoy the restoration process?  If it
is the former, perhaps consider buying a crate 289 and getting the
appropriate new transmission to go with (I don't know all the issues with
getting 6 bolt 289s and 6 bolt toploaders).  Then, save the original engine
and tranny for your kids to deal with should they want pure originality.

Just a thought.  I personally would probably not go that route.  But, I
enjoy working on these - to an extent.  I get VERY frustrated with parts
that won't come off without breaking a bolt, hard to find parts, and parts
that don't fit when they arrive. Some people love chasing down the "right"
part.  Yeah, that's not me.  Though I do love putting on the right part and
making this work.

So, I'm just making this suggestion because everyone is different.

Jay