Re: [Tigers] Tiger MKII Coming out of Storage

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger MKII Coming out of Storage
From: "csx2282" <csx2282@sonic.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 19:45:13 -0700
Cc: cghalgren@yahoo.com
Let me bore everyone with my opinion on 289 water pumps.  The original
pumps, or at least the aluminum one I have, came with cast metal impellers.
The replacements currently available have stamped sheet metal impellers.
Maybe okay for a stock, street 289,  but not so good for a HiPo or a motor
with a bit of tuning.  I recommend getting your original pump rebuilt using
the cast impeller rather than buying one of these newer replacements.

I found a local auto parts store willing to take this on for me (A & M Motor
Supply, Los Gatos, CA).  You might want to check around for someone in your
area willing to rebuild yours.

Roland