Re: [Tigers] Thinking Ahead...

To: Mark Rense <mark44124@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Thinking Ahead...
From: Larry Mayfield <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 09:52:42 -0700
Cc: tigers@autox.team.net
References: <51F2846A.6010300@mayfco.com><62B830B8C8D14C13A3F725D0F173F08E@delld630> <51F52A06.2050403@mayfco.com> <5B93C8EB1FE54C71972233D6398DE373@delld630> engine=2.50.10432:5.10.8794,1.0.431,0.0.0000 definitions=2013-07-28_06:2013-07-26,2013-07-28,1970-01-01 signatures=0 spamscore=0 suspectscore=0 phishscore=0 adultscore=0 bulkscore=0 classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx scancount=1 engine=7.0.1-1305240000 definitions=main-1307280089
Ok, the basic restrictions to engines are:
1. Motors are blown, unblown This next genb is UNBLOWN
2. Fuels are either Fuel, ie nitometnhane, alcohol,  NOS, gasoline
Propane, electrical... NExt gen motor is GASOLINE. No limitations on
octane ratings but has to be purchased fromt eh event gas sup-plier IF
running for a record
3. Displacement are F which is 123.00 - 183.99 cid or G which is 93.00
to 122.99 cid.
4. Any cam or valve arrangements.
5. Any compression ratio
6. Car class is Modified Sports. I.e. no t a production car. Car has to
retain stock body panels from cowl to taillights which also have to be
run...
7. Run any internals for the engine you want. But, as I said custom junk
is expensive.
8. No induction limitations since this is for a modified sports class.

So, summary is no blower, no turbo, no NOS, gasoline only, any
compression ratio, any number of cams and valves, any crank any rods,
just has to fit int he displacement class (and they check..if within 3%
of the upper or lower limits the have you tear down the motor right
there to physically measure the dimensions).

So, I had already summarized the rules for everyone.

let me repeat though. this is not s shouting match foe every body to see
just how wild they can get with exotic motors for me to build.  I
already built two motors and this last one, even with parts help (and my
age),  was expensive as all get out.  Now I am hoping for somebody else
to pitch in...  If all the parts had to have been purchased new for this
260 motor, it would be really expensive, lol.  Thanks to lots of folk, I
got real parts help on this one...

mayf

drmayf
Worlds Fastest Sunbeam, period.