Re: [Tigers] What the Tiger really is

To: "Rense, Mark (GE, Appl & Light)" <mark.rense@ge.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] What the Tiger really is
From: Cullen McCann <cmccann1972@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 16:00:57 -0500
Cc: "brockctella@juno.com" <brockctella@juno.com>, "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
I have never driven my Tiger....unfortunately. I purchased the car as a
barn find and it has gotten shuffled to the back of a few other projects.

I have however been for a few rides in basically stock 260 tigers, or even
slightly modified Tigers, but I wouldnt have characterized them as you all
are. More elegant for me, some muscular, less of the beast that Im reading
about here. Certainly more guts and grunt than a spitfire or an MG ( as so
many people tend to compare them too, not my interpretation, but others..).

One of my "projects" now completed is a replica Shelby Cobra on a very
"correct looking" 90 inch wheelbase and body, but with slight and tasteful
mods. It features a dyno'd 485 horse stroked windsor, in a 2300lb car. Its
a roller motor, and I turn it to about 7 grand on occasion, when I feel
like taking my life into my hands ...it tries to put power to the ground
via 335/35-17s. That car strikes me when I drive it as a "body wrapped
around a motor". Now that's not to minimize the Tiger. Of all the cars I
have ever had the pleasure of owning, the Tiger probably interests me the
most, but I find it interesting what we all define as a motor-focused car.
I suppose its all relative to what your used too, or your personal
threshold is for adrenaline. Ive seen some Tigers that would beat my kit
car Cobra into a pulp on the racetrack so I'm sure they all are their own
experience. I truly cant wait to have the Tiger going. Its a big project,
probably why its been procrastinated, but it fascinates me for sure.