Re: [Tigers] Fwd: Driven Tger nsurance

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Fwd: Driven Tger nsurance
From: Tom Witt via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 09:27:39 -0700

--===============4786322033303774195==
 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_004A_01D0DF18.493C1D70"

------=_NextPart_000_004A_01D0DF18.493C1D70
        charset="utf-8"

While this discussion regards collision I think the greater concern =
would be liability. I mean, yea, eating $50K on a damaged Tiger is a =
loss, but being liable for hundreds of thousands of dollars (or more) is =
a far greater risk.  That said I think liability would be full time =
=E2=80=93 regardless, because anytime of the day someone could steal =
your car and create havoc. So, I can=E2=80=99t see how =
=E2=80=9Cuse=E2=80=9D would not cover liability under any circumstance.  =
Through my collector insurance (20+ years) I was told that 2,500 max =
miles, not a daily driver and in their words =E2=80=9Can occasional =
Sunday drive=E2=80=9D (not limited to Sunday) is OK. The persons parting =
words were, =E2=80=9CJust don=E2=80=99t drive it to work.=E2=80=9D

  I have three lesser =E2=80=9Ccollector=E2=80=9D cars. They are valued =
at $3,000 each. I don=E2=80=99t think I put more than 250 miles on =
anyone of them in a year. Neither my wife, kids, nor anyone else have =
ever driven them. In my opinion driving them to the store for parts, to =
eliminate flats spots in tires, cook off condensation etc. are all part =
of what is necessary for =E2=80=9Cmaintaining=E2=80=9D the car.  Frankly =
I find what is termed =E2=80=9Cuse=E2=80=9D is rather ambiguously =
stated. Stated in a way to control your driving, but wonder how it holds =
up in court.  Sort of like the parent that threatens to beat the =
daylights out of you regarding your behavior =E2=80=93 but legally =
can=E2=80=99t do so. Again, I=E2=80=99m more looking at the liability =
side of insurance. I doubt I=E2=80=99d ever put a claim in on a $3,000 =
car.=20