[Tigers] Carb Fire Continued

To: Tiger Net <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Carb Fire Continued
From: Stu via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 12:44:22 -0400

--001a1135a96c4b2b42051e9e2530

Michael King thinks there's a history of the stock carbs lighting things up
on hot restarts.  Does anyone else have any history?

Does anyone know what the mechanism might be?  I know the accelerator pump
is OK, nothing dripping there.  The only other logical explanation is fuel
being forced out the bowl vent.  I'll look for traces when I take the
photos tonight.  Could the float valve  works have occasional issues?  A
sinking float?  Could fuel be boiling from the heat soak when its shut
off?  Or when fuel hits the hot bowl when the pump starts?  Any other
theories?

Stu

--001a1135a96c4b2b42051e9e2530

v class=3D"gmail_default">Michael King thinks there&#39;s a history of the =
stock carbs lighting things up on hot restarts.=C2=A0 Does anyone else have=
il_default">Does anyone know what the mechanism might be?=C2=A0 I know the =
accelerator pump is OK, nothing dripping there.=C2=A0 The only other logica=
l explanation is fuel being forced out the bowl vent.=C2=A0 I&#39;ll look f=
or traces when I take the photos tonight.=C2=A0 Could the float valve =C2=
=A0works have occasional issues?=C2=A0 A sinking float?=C2=A0 Could fuel be=
 boiling from the heat soak when its shut off?=C2=A0 Or when fuel hits the =
hot bowl when the pump starts?=C2=A0 Any other theories?</div><div class=3D=

--001a1135a96c4b2b42051e9e2530--

--===============7356143631459537443==