Re: [Tigers] Carb Fire Continued

To: Stu <sabre2tgr@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Carb Fire Continued
From: awtiger--- via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 15:09:57 -0400
Cc: Stu via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Stu:

There is a possibility that there may have been small piece of trash that got
lodged in the needle valve that kept it from shutting off the flow of fuel from
the pump.  This happened to my father-in-law on his '55 Ford pickup that he
built.  He installed a 302 in it with an Autolite 2100 and an electric fuel
pump.  As we were working on it one afternoon, fuel came pouring out of the
weep hole in the top of the carb and running down all over the intake.
Luckily, we caught it before there were flames.  When we started diassembling
things, we found some trash lodged in the needle and seat.  We thoroughly
cleaned that assembly and then reinstalled it.  There have been no problems
since.  It would be interesting to cut open your fuel filter to see if it
contained any foreign material.

Keep us posted,
Andy Walker
Edmond, OK