Re: [Tigers] Carb Fire Continued

To: "rfraser@bluefrog.com" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Carb Fire Continued
From: Mark Rense via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 14:21:55 -0400
Cc: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>

--001a11c335602543b8051e9f8215

I have always suspected that it was fuel boiling in the bowls combined with
a faulty vent that allowed overflow and fires. Boiling is so bad on my car
with an F4B intake that I installed a fuel pump cutoff switch which I would
use about a minute before shutting down the engine. This helped hot start
significantly.

My other car with a 2121 manifold and thermal isolator between it and the
carb does not suffer the  issue.
Bugz

--001a11c335602543b8051e9f8215

I have always suspected that it was fuel boiling in the bowls combined with=
 a faulty vent that allowed overflow and fires. Boiling is so bad on my car=
 with an F4B intake=C2=A0that I installed a fuel pump cutoff switch which I=
 would use about a minute before shutting down the engine. This helped hot =
start significantly.=C2=A0<div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"m=
argin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
d thermal isolator between it and the carb does not suffer the=C2=A0=C2=A0i=

--001a11c335602543b8051e9f8215--

--===============0881770698632391543==