oil pressure warning light

Subject: oil pressure warning light
From: Frank Meert <F.Meert@ogdsoftware.nl>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 12:47:29 +0100
Hello all,

A while ago I asked something about howling noises in the differential
unit. After a bit of welding the studs, last weekend I replaced the
whole thing with a new one and voila, no howling anymore!! Nothing wrong
with the U-Joints, so I'm back in business. Thanks for your advise on
this subject.

On my test drive however, all of a sudden my oil pressure warning light
lit up! Panic, but nothing wrong with the indication on the gauge. I
checked the oil level, nothing wrong there either. So now I'm suspecting
the sender unit itself.

Does anyone know how to test the sender unit?

What should be the readings on the gauge when idling, resp. driving?

thanks in advance,

Frank Meert
TR6 '70