Seeking 2cents on Seat Belts

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Seeking 2cents on Seat Belts
From: corey.sherman@rcn.com
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 10:04:08 -0500
I know that seat belt discussions have been going on, but I've lost track
of the threads (sorry)...

This month TRF and Vic Brit are having sales on various belts, so it seems
a good time to address this:

There appears to be four categories: Hook mount; vintage style; inertia;
and vintage competition...
But which ones are the best suited for 1971 TR6?
How easy are they to install?
Are body modification necessary for installation (mounting hardware and
such)?
How many points - 2, 3, or 5 point belts?
Long or short?

Safety, of course is important, although I don't drive much -- 18 degrees
in NY today (burr).

And while my car is not concours material, it would be nice to maintain
some resemblance to the period. I have a 1971 TR6 with simple lap belts
(from a Chrysler - obviously not OEM).

Any thoughts much appreciated!

Corey Sherman
corey.sherman@rcn.com