Re: First Outing of 2001

To: john.brubaker@us.pwcglobal.com, 6pack@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: First Outing of 2001
From: "James A. Tabor" <jatabor@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 09:51:58 -0500
hi john,

the oil leak is most likely from a bad/wore o-rear seal around the
carb needle. you will have to (i think) take the carb needle out
of the dash pot piston to replace the o-ring...don't quote me on that!
i have never done this myself because the only time i did it was RIGHT after
i bought the car and took it to a british car mechanic. he used
a metal hooked tool (REAL small skinny shaft) and kinda hook the o-ring out.
and then place in the new one. digrams in a catalog/service manual on this
part should give you an idea where to find it.
but that is almost DEFINTELY the problem w/ the leaky oil...the only
problem really. it happens when the rubber dries out...especially after
sitting  ehhh "idle" for a while! [pun intended!]

cheers!

james