Bumpers : Rechrome vs. Buying new

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Bumpers : Rechrome vs. Buying new
From: corey.sherman@rcn.com
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 10:20:52 -0500
I recently purchased a 1971 TR6, and am in the process of obtaining a
quotation for chrome plating my rear bumper. I would like the list's
opinion on the best route to go: Rechrome vs. Buying new.

This month Vic Brit has the set (rear center and L&R corners) on sale for
$300.00 (Moss has them at $380.00). I am still waiting for a quote from
the plating company for "triple-plate" and repair of a small dent, but
suspect it will be somewhere in the same price range. I have found people
selling NOS pieces (vis-a-via Ebay), but typically the parts sell for way
too much $$$.

I am inexperienced in this area, and seek the group's advice.

Corey Sherman
corey.sherman@rcn.com