Re: First Outing of 2001

To: john.brubaker@us.pwcglobal.com
Subject: Re: First Outing of 2001
From: "Walter Fogle" <lbc4me@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 17:37:29 -0000
John & all:

I, too, had my first outing with my '69 TR6 yesterday; a very beautiful and
sunny day in the Pacific Northwest.  Unfortunately, all I could do was roll
the car out of the garage for a photo session and to do a little work on it
in the sun.

As I told the list a couple of weeks ago I undertook the project of
rebuilding the carburetors.  Those are complete but I also decided to remove
the manifolds for bead blasting and recoating.  One thing lead to another
and I removed the radiator for cleaning, and I even removed the front grill
for paint touch up.  Things should start to go back together this week.
Hope to be on the road by the following weekend at the latest.

As for your carbs, John.  You probably have the same type as those on my
'69.  Fixed needles and non-adjustable jets.  Look at the bottom of the
carbs.  Do you have a big brass plug that looks like a slotted screw?  (Use
a mirror if you have to)  I found that the project wasn't too complicated.
The cleaning was the worst part.  Solvents and stuff.

I had to order a couple items that weren't included with the basic rebuild
kit; new bypass valve diaphragms, floats, and the brass holders for the
throttle shaft bushings.  Although my technical expertise is somewhat
limited I have on-hand good reference manuals and recent experience.  Let me
know if I can help.  My car was running very rich with poor mileage and
black smoke out the exhaust.  I'll let you know how it turns out as soon as
I can.

Good luck.

Walt Fogle
'69 TR6, CC30689L
Woodinville, WA

John Brubaker wrote:
I just wanted to let everyone know that I was able to get my TR 250 up and
running after a difficult winter......