Re: Front Ride height

To: "Sally or Dick Taylor" <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: Front Ride height
From: "J. Garruba" <jgarruba@ematic.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 09:29:56 -0500
Dick,

I measured to from the floor to the top of the inner fenderwells above each
wheel.  My measurements were 26.5" lf and 27.0" rf.

I have never thought to check the shocks to see if they are limiting the
suspension travel, but this should be easy.  I will jack up the low side and
see if the suspension extends further to rebound as the weight is removed.

As far as I can tell the springs are fairly new, maybe the previous owner
had some lower ones installed.  I will have to measure them and make a
decision on replacement after removal.

Thanks for being so circumspect, the Anti rollbar could definatly be a
problem, I never even considered.

As for the ooposite rear corner, I dont think this is related because my
measurements in the rear were 27" at both rear wheelwells

Because the upper and lower front A arms are unequal legnth (upper shorter
than lower), the camber should change to be more negative in jounce, so if
it is set to spec when in a jounce position(i.e. speings sagging), it will
go more negative than intended when it is really jounced.  That is the
theory of it.  In reality, it may not be a large factor in driveability or
tire wear, I don't know.  By the way I have a 76 TR

Thanks again for your ideas Dick.  If it is warm tommorow maybe I will have
time to dig deeper.

Best Regards,
Joseph Garruba