Re: Clutch Slave Cylinder Woes

To: Sally or Dick Taylor <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: Clutch Slave Cylinder Woes
From: Jim Henningsen <jdhenn@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 16:50:54 -0500
Thanks Dick,
The clutch fork is in the correct position and all internal components are
new.  Just put another transmission into the beast and all internals have
been replaced and upgraded.  Even used the TR3 non-slotted shaft bushings
for the tranny instead of the narrower TR6 ones as recommended from a user
on the list. They fit great! Thanks! Thought it was a good time to redo the
SC with a new unit.  This started happening after installing the new slave
cylinder (SC) from TRF and I think you are definately right. Either the new
push rod is too short or the the slave is incorrect. I noticed this new SC
has a piston unlike my previous units.  The piston seems to have a deeper
recess causing the push rod to go in further than the piston in my old
unit.  I'm going to give TRF a call on this one and see if they have had
problems with this unit.  Hopefully the temporary fix is not going to be
permanent.
Thanks
Jim
Kissimmee, FL