Re: Clutch Slave Cylinder Woes

To: "Jim Henningsen" <jdhenn@cfl.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Clutch Slave Cylinder Woes
From: "Charlie and Linda Duckworth" <cnlduckwor@ninenet.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 20:11:51 -0600
Jim I had the same problem last summer after rebuilding/replacing the
clutch - it turned out that the slave cylinder I put in the car a year
earlier (source British Parts Northwest) wasn't the same make as one from
Moss.  The BPNW worked fine until I took out the slop in the pedal box and
replaced the clutch and throwout bearing; then had the same problem as
you've noted - the piston coming out.  I then ordered a new slave cylinder
from Moss and the mounting ears were thicker than the one from BPNW.

One way you may get around this is to put some washers between the mounting
plate on the trany and the SC so the piston doesn't travel out as far (or)
call Moss and ask them to measure the ears on the SC and see if they are
thicker than the one on the car.

Good luck - Charlie