Re: Of hubs, discs,and BOLTS...a question for the

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Of hubs, discs,and BOLTS...a question for the
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 23:43:08 EST
In a message dated 3/13/2001 7:32:13 PM Eastern Standard Time,
LaJoMor@aol.com writes:

> Project for the day....finish the sandblasting of the front suspension parts
> AND disassembling the front hubs and discs. With plenty of PB Blaster (it
> rules on my workbench)! and very little effort the four bolts came right
> out.
> I want to replace all eight bolts so here is the question. The bolts have a
> large raised X on them with a very small capital 'R' at the bottom (between
> X's legs) and a raised dot directly above also between the legs of the X.
> have seen a lot of markings for different grade bolts, etc., but this one

Larry,

These are not standard bolts - they are special made for this application.
You should purchase a set of these from TRF, Moss, etc. If you go to the
store to buy a standard hardware item of this size, you will find that the
bolts are threaded for their full length. The correct bolts have a locating
shoulder on them to precisely center the brake rotors. I don't know just how
far off you would be using standard bolts, but even a little off center is
probably too much.

Dan Masters
Alcoa, Tennessee

Triumph TR 250 - TR6 Electrical Maintenance Handbook:
    http://members.aol.com/danmas6/
Stuffing a V8 into a small British sports car:
    http://members.aol.com/danmas/
British V8 Newsletter:
    http://members.aol.com/danmas4/mgv8.htm