Re: I want a supercharger kit!

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: I want a supercharger kit!
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 13:56:33 EST
In a message dated 3/26/2001 1:33:37 PM Eastern Standard Time,
HalMorton@webtv.net writes:

> As I`m composing
> this, Dan Masters posting just came in. To each his own, but I `ve never

Hal,

Not to beat a dead horse, but you will be adding MORE weight with the
supercharger installation than you would with the Ford V8. With iron heads,
the Ford weighs 15 pounds more than the stock 6 cylinder -- with aluminum
heads, it weighs 35 pound LESS. I can guarantee you the supercharger will add
more than 15 pounds to the car. And, the CG of the V8 will be further back
than the CG of the supercharged 6.

That's the whole point I wanted to make. People holler about the extra weight
of a V8, yet think nothing of adding even more weight with a supercharger
installation. If weight is your primary concern, than you have no real choice
between the two options -- the V8 can reduce weight, the supercharger adds
weight.

Nevertheless, a supercharged 6 cylinder is way cool, and has a lot of
"class."  And, when you get right down to it, if max performance were our
main goal, we'd buy another car in the first place.

These cars need to satisfy only one criteria -- our own personal taste.  Me,
I'm a real fan of honkin V8s, but I can relate to those who don't share my
enthusiasm. I can even relate to those who choose not to make ANY mods to the
cars. Heck, I can even relate to those who treat them as trophys and trailer
them to car shows.

Cheers,

Dan Masters
Alcoa, Tennessee

Triumph TR 250 - TR6 Electrical Maintenance Handbook:
     http://members.aol.com/danmas6/
Stuffing a V8 into a small British sports car:
     http://members.aol.com/danmas/
British V8 Newsletter:
     http://members.aol.com/danmas4/mgv8.htm