Locking Brakes

To: 6pack-digest@autox.team.net (6 Pack Digest)
Subject: Locking Brakes
From: TRDOCTOR@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 22:42:11 EST
Fellow listers;
Last summer, as some of you may remember, I posted a plea for help for the
locking of my front brakes on my '72 TR6.  The common thought pointed to the
PDWA.  I rebuilt it and everything seemed ok for awhile.  Well, the problem
has re-manifested itself.  I can feel the brake pedal "pump up" and the
brakes start dragging.  It gets so bad that the brakes litteraly stop the
car.  I have succeded in warping the rotors so I want to make sure I have the
problem solved before I change them out.  Today, on the way to work, it
happened again.  This time instead of cracking a bleeder, I cracked the brake
line at the master cylinder and the brakes released leading me to believe
that the problem is with the "tipping valve".
What I was wondering is:  Is the rod that goes from the servo to the master
cylinder adjustable?  I am wondering if the rod may be applying some pressure
to the master not letting the piston come all the way back and letting the
tipping valve open.
The other question would be:  Is there something else I am missing?  There is
nothing in the Bentley's that I can see that I am missing.
What I intend on doing, pending on the "list" response, is to disassemble the
master cylinder and see if the tipping valve is gummed up, or something
obvious is wrong.
A little background:  The master cylinder is less than 10k old and the whole
system was rebuilt at the same time.  I am also using silicone fluid.
TIA

Samuel R. Clark
Green Country Triumphs/Jaguar Enthusiast's Club of Oklahoma
VTR South Central Regional Coordinator
TS45355L O
CC82030U O