Re: gasket goop?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: gasket goop?
From: TR6GREG@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 08:01:36 EDT
Mark, I can concur with Dave about using Hylomar...it is used extensively in
the aircraft industry (it was developed by Rolls-Royce for their turbine
engines)  It is especially useful for paper type gaskets, thick or thin.
When you apply it, spread on a very thin, even coat on both sides of the
gasket.  Don't apply it to the metal cover, only to the gasket.  Hylomar has
a volatile carrier in it which makes it spreadable, and that carrier will
evaporate rather quickly, but you have plenty of time to work it where you
want it to go.  The key thing is to use a thin coat, just cover the
gasket...lumpy, thick coats can lead to leaks down the road, no matter what
kind of sealant you use.  Let me know if you can't find any, I have a tube
plenty of it at the hangar in my tool box.

Greg Donegan
Hebron, KY