Re: Fuel injection for TR6

To: "Six pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel injection for TR6
From: "James Franks" <jimmble@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 22:03:16 -0400
Darrell,

The PI as in the original TR5 and 6 was a 'dirty' injection system. It
probably won't burn as clean as the carbs....... of course typical carbs
with 50,000+ miles are so whacked out that they don't run clean either. The
standard tricks to pass are to retard the timing until it barely runs, and
put in a can of e-check cheater. The stuff works.

My understanding is the car must pass to the standards set for the year of
the engine installed, or the year of the car, whichever is more restrictive.
Most stations won't care if you are injected or not, as long as you pass.

Jim