Re: Fuel injection for TR6

To: "James Franks" <jimmble@adelphia.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel injection for TR6
From: dstauffa@csc.com
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 22:04:53 -0700
Jim,

You wrote:

The PI as in the original TR5 and 6 was a 'dirty' injection system. It
probably won't burn as clean as the carbs.......

I would just like to clarify this point.  The Lucas PI runs a little rich
at idle due to only have a mechnical advance in the distributor.  Once at
speed, the PI system leans out quite nicely.

Dave Stauffacher
Ramona, Ca
1970 TR6 PI

would run a liof course typical carbs
with 50,000+ miles are so whacked out that they don't run clean either. The
standard tricks to pass are to retard the timing until it barely runs, and
put in a can of e-check cheater. The stuff works.

My understanding is the car must pass to the standards set for the year of
the engine installed, or the year of the car, whichever is more
restrictive.
Most stations won't care if you are injected or not, as long as you pass.

Jim