Fuel sending unit

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel sending unit
From: "Paula J. Graffam" <pjgraffam@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 08:01:25 -0500
Listers,
I've got a fuel gauge that gives me an off reading, i.e. when I fill up
the gauge reads about 2/3 full and at the empty mark I have approx. 5
gallons left.  Is this problem coming from the sending unit in the tank
or does my dash gauge need to be re-calibrated or something?  I'd like to
correct this annoying problem since I've got the car torn apart and I
have access to the tank top.  Has anyone come across this?

Al Graffam  74TR6 French Blue in CT.  (currently going through a complete
on-frame body restoration with paint job to follow - so far the only body
parts that did not need to be replaced are the two doors and the right
rear fender - to date I'm in to this thing for about $7000 - my
retirement package has taken a big hit - I might not afford a condo in
FL. but my wife and I will look good driving to Senior Centers looking
for a cheap lunch!)

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!