RE: first electrical issue

To: "'Creamer, Mark'" <CreamerM@cintas.com>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: first electrical issue
From: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 11:51:22 -0400
I should ask "how big is that stereo?" Not one of those 1000 watt jobs I
trust.  ;^)

Seriously though, it sounds like you are getting very little juice from your
alternator into the system. Whether your battery is good or not, the
alternator should be able to keep the whole lot going while you are actually
driving. You should only dip into the battery when idling with the
headlights, fan etc...on. Is your battery warm after a run? Does the car
start easily? It's odd that the car would start and run normally if the
battery is dead. You could have a weak alternator which would show up as the
voltage dropping from 14V to 12V when the alternator couldn't keep up, or a
poor connection from alternator to system.

If all else fails, break out the knee pads and crawl to the alter of Dan and
Dave.

Mark Hooper