first electrical issue

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: first electrical issue
From: "Creamer, Mark" <CreamerM@cintas.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 10:30:40 -0400
My 76 has a new electrical problem - its first as far as I know. About a
year ago I put in a new stereo. Everything has worked great since then.
Last
week I noticed that as soon as I turned on the stereo, my indicator
dropped
by about half. The stereo died for about a half-second, then came back.
turned it off, kept driving and about 15 minutes later the indicator was
back up to normal.

No other electrical components are failing. No fuses blowing, etc. The
only
weird thing is nothing else has changed. So I don't know what I should
do to
troubleshoot. Dan's manual doesn't specifically talk about radios, but
I'm
looking at it to see if I find any related advice. Maybe this is just a
warning of an impending failure??

Thanks all,
Mark Creamer
76 TR6