More power

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: More power
From: "Pim Alferink" <p.alferink3@chello.nl>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 22:54:08 +0200
Here in Holland we had super weather last weekend (exceptional).
About 160 TR's showed up at our meet near Nijmegen.
I was surprised of the exceptional good shape that most of the cars were in.
The parking area really hurt the eye.

Part of the meet was a hill climb. Maybe not a real hill in your view, but for
us Dutch it is a real hill.
Going flat-out it took most drivers (only about 20 participated, the rest
chickened out) about 20 seconds to get to the top.
The fastest was a "tickled" 250, that consistently made the run in 17
something seconds.
In 5 runs the fastest time I got (I floored it all the way) was 19.2 seconds.
My car has no mods and is a '73 carb.

I consider some engine modifications now (even some TR3's beat me) and here's
the question.
What's upgrade gives the most bang for the buck?
Pim