Re: More power

To: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: More power
From: "James Franks" <jimmble@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 19:20:01 -0400
What rml said. The jump to power levels routinely seen in the average
modern Japanese sedan engine entails working around three or four basic
design problems in the TR6 engine. Horsepower costs with these old
girls. That's why I'm going the conversion route for my hotrod (if I
ever get to it).

Luckily,  they are fun (and probably safer) as they are.

My personal list would look like Robert's, except for number 3. I might
go with a light hand port on the head and good valve job instead of the
flywheel. I'm not a racer or autocrosser, so I  don't have personal
experience with light flywheels on TRs. I'd ask Robert how light to
go..... too light a flywheel can make a car a pain in stop and go
traffic.

The other thing to remember is that every improvement will spotlight the
next weak link in your car, i.e. rear hubs, diff, handling , brakes,
cooling, etc, etc.

Have fun, but don't go nuts!

Jim