Re: Identification Plates on Firewall

To: Scott Mann <quicksilver_rising@yahoo.com>, klarsen@inreach.com
Subject: Re: Identification Plates on Firewall
From: Bob Fabie <rmf3860@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 11:17:38 -0500
Scott Mann, Derek Graham, Hugh Fader and Jim Davis:

Thanks to each of you for the information on the identification plates.
Scott, sending the digital photo will prove very helpful in determining
the exact placement; thanks.

To the Larsens, here's a summary of the information I received that you
requested:

The plate with the "T", is the trim body number. It is unpainted because
it was installed after the car was painted on the assembly line.  This
is generally the one recorded by the factory in their build records.
This one is placed on the top.

The other plate is called the "body in white" number. It's painted the
same color as the car because it was installed prior to the car being
painted.

This dual identification plate system lasted until approximately 1972.
Prior to this year, there's was one plate on the firewall and the other
on the carb side wheel arch.

Hope this information helps you out.

Don't know what I'd do without the information that these lists are
willing to provide.

Bob Fabie
Fredericksburg, Va
'75 TR6 (very soon to have one of the finest looking engine compartments
and engine detailing  on the planet!)