1970 TR6 Bumpers? (dual bar)

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: 1970 TR6 Bumpers? (dual bar)
From: William Maslin <cwrm4@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 10:37:46 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,

I was looking at a 1970 TR6 for sale this weekend and
it had a second round chrome bar on top both the front
and rear bumpers. I had never recalled seeing a bumper
like this on a TR6, and in a quick flip back through
the Brooklands TR6 Portfolio I saw only a couple
pictures of TR6's with these bumpers.

Were these bumpers an option? Only for specific years?
At the risk of being flamed, I thought they looked a
little clunky -- can they be easily replaced with a
standard bumper? (they were somewhat pitted)

Thanks,

William
1960 Jaguar Mk2 3.8
1987 Pitts Special S-2B